A recent, pan-European study has revealed that as many as 41.9% of young adults suffer from dentine hypersensitivity.1 Due to the often sporadic nature of the condition, patients may fail to mention it at the dental appointment. It therefore lies with the dental professional to identify this painful condition which can cause patients to avoid food and drink triggers they may otherwise enjoy and even neglect their oral hygiene.2,3
Discover the new interactive Sensodyne® with NovaMin® distance learner module! Through a series of short video clips and interactive activities, refresh your knowledge of this prevalent condition before learning more about Sensodyne®’s clinically proven innovation for dentine hypersensitivity treatment, Sensodyne® Repair & Protect.
The module is free of charge, easy to use and available 24 hours a day. There’s no time limit so you can complete the module whenever you like, in your own time and at your own pace. What’s more, completion of the module can contribute up to 1.5 hours towards your verifiable CPD.
Sensodyne® Repair & Protect toothpaste with NovaMin® builds a dynamic, hydroxyapatite-like layer over and within exposed dentine tubules.4,8 It repairs your patients’ dentine, to provide clinically proven sensitivity relief with twice daily brushing. 4,6 The robust NovaMin® layer binds firmly to collagen in dentine,6,9 and resists daily physical and chemical oral challenges,4,6,8,10,11 helping to protect against future dentine hypersensitivity pain.
Visit www.gsk-dentalprofessionals.co.uk/pr to complete the module now!
- West NX et al. J Dent 2013; 41: 841-851.
- Schiff T et al. Am J Dent 2009; 22 (Spec Iss): 8A-15A.
- Schiff T et al. J Clin Dent 2009; 20 (Spec Iss): 131-136.
- Burwell A et al. J Clin Dent 2010; 21 (Spec Iss): 66-71.
- LaTorre G, Greenspan DC. J Clin Dent 2010; 21 (Spec Iss): 72-76.
- West NX et al. J Clin Dent 2011; 22 (Spec Iss): 82-89.
- Earl JS et al. J Clin Dent 2011; 22 (Spec Iss): 62-67.
- Earl JS et al. J Clin Dent 2011; 22 (Spec Iss): 68-73.
- Efflandt SE et al. J Mater Sci: Mater Med 2002; 13 (6): 557-565.
- Parkinson CR & Willson RJ. J Clin Dent 2011; 22 (Spec Iss): 74-81.
- Wang Z et al. J Dent 2010; 38: 400-410.
Trade Marks are owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies