Friday 3 November 2017
National Motorcycle Museum
To celebrate their 25th anniversary, the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners, in partnership with Simplyhealth Professionals, will host a conference, on Friday 3rd November, bringing together six of the UK’s leading oral health experts.
Designed for clinicians, the conference will provide an overview of the latest research that provides the foundation for the contemporary management of common dental diseases, insight into complex inter-relationships between oral diseases and general health of patients of all ages, and reveal evidence that demonstrates the long-term impact of traditional treatments on oral and general health.
The programme will provide dental professionals in general practice and other clinical settings with the knowledge to help them deliver extended oral health care. The lectures will also describe the skill-sets that will help delegates select biologically respectful, minimally invasive techniques and future-proof their practices by integrating general health care with everyday clinical dentistry.
Professor Nairn Wilson, one of the UK’s most International respected academics, and former Dean of Kings College London Dental Institute, will open the conference and introduce each of the presenters.
- Professor Mike Curtis, Dean of Dentistry at Queen Mary’s University of London - How strong is the link between oral and other diseases – hype or reality?
- Avi Banerjee, Professor of cariology and operative dentistry at Kings college London - Dental caries and the human body: the "MI"ssing link?
- Professor Trevor Burke, The University of Birmingham School of Dentistry - The ultimate guide to restoration longevity
- Iain Chapple, Head of School at the University of Birmingham School of Dentistry - Time to put the mouth back in the body: the truth about periodontal-systemic links
- Dr. Stephen Fayle, Consultant in Paediatric dentistry at University of Leeds School of Dentistry - Extended oral health care for all ages.
Finally, Chief dental officer Dr Sara Hurley will discuss the conference themes and join the lecture team in answering delegate questions on the exciting future for oral care and holistic dentistry in the UK.
The conference will be held from 9am-5.30pm at the National Motorcycle Museum, Solihull, West Midlands, B92 0EJ. Tickets are £205 for members and £290 for non-members.
To purchase your ticket, go to www.holisticdentistry.eventbrite.com