Denplan has announced that it will be rolling out its new hygiene payment plan nationwide from today. This follows a successful trial that has been running in Scotland since January 2015. Hygiene Plan is a simple non-insurance based payment plan that can be used in mixed, private or NHS practices. Denplan’s Hygiene Plan will support dental practices that would like to increase their income from private hygiene treatment. It’s also an easy way for patients to spread the cost of their dental hygiene treatments with a hygienist at a practice.
Chris Mackenzie, customer and product strategy manager at Denplan commented: “By using hygiene plan, practices can eliminate unwanted white space from the diary, generate additional income and fully utilise experienced hygienists, therapists and treatment co-ordinators to create and deliver hygiene programmes for patients.
“Hygiene Plan will help patients enjoy that ‘just cleaned’ feeling without having to worry about the cost, and includes the provision of preventive dental advice. Practices can enjoy the benefit of a more regular private hygiene income with patients that are likely to attend more regularly*.”
The plan is priced for practices with a patient administration fee of £1 per patient per month and can be used to:
· Attract new patients to a practice with an attractively priced entry level plan
· Provide NHS patients with additional hygiene treatment at their request when not currently available on the NHS
· Provide patients who would like additional hygiene treatments with a cost effective programme to improve the appearance of their teeth and smile
· Support patients undergoing periodontal treatment
· Provide patients with a full hygiene maintenance programme following implant therapy
· Create a regular oral cancer screening programme in practice, which could be further supported with Oral Health Advice and underpinned with an evidence-based risk screening using a DEPPA assessment (Denplan PreViser Patient Assessment tool)
· Support patients who are trying to give up smoking to improve their oral health. In fact BDA research in 2015 showed private practices are supporting more smoking cessation activities than their NHS colleagues. This is in part due to private practices being able to budget time, staff training and meet the significant expected demand practices think they will face**
Denplan has also set up a dedicated customer service telephone number for Hygiene Plan patients.
Further information about Hygiene Plan is available at www.denplan.co.uk/dentists/
* Payment plan patients are the most likely to visit their dentist at least every six months (92%) compared to
private patients who pay as they go (50%). Source: Denplan/YouGov Survey, January 2016. Online survey
of 5,152 UK adults. All respondents who are regular attenders that pay privately, who have a dental payment
plan or pay fee per-item: 822.
Denplan Limited is the UK’s leading dental payment plan specialist owned by Simplyhealth; with more than 6,500 member dentists nationwide caring for approximately 2 million customers. Established in 1986 by two dentists who pioneered the concept of dental payment plans, Denplan has been at the heart of dental care for nearly 30 years. Today, Denplan has a wide range of dental plans for adults and children, enabling patients to spread the cost of their private dental care through a fixed monthly fee. Denplan supports regular attendance and preventive care, reducing the need for clinical intervention and helping patients to maintain healthy teeth and gums for life. Patient enquiries telephone: 0800 401 402 Dentist enquiries telephone: 0800 328 3223
· Denplan Care: all routine and restorative care + worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover
· Denplan Essentials: routine care only + worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover
· Plans for Children: routine and other agreed care + worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover
· Membership Plan: registered with the dentist + worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover
· Denplan Emergency: worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover only
· Corporate Dental Plans: company funded, voluntary and flexible benefit schemes
Denplan also provides a range of professional services for its member dentists and their practice teams, including the Denplan Quality Programme, Denplan Excel Certification Programme and Denplan Training. Plus regulatory advice, business and marketing consultancy services and networking opportunities.
For more information about Denplan:
Denplan Press Office
Tel: 01962 829 179
Follow us @denplandentists on Twitter and at linkedin.com/company/denplan-